LIGHTBULBS & LAMP -
A long lifespan is a crucial requirement for lamps used in difficult accessible installations, or for high-performance usage. X-ray inspection at high resolution, high contrast and high speed is
an obvious solution to ensure a long
lifetime of the product.
X-ray technologycan also be used for lighbulbs & lamp X-ray inspection, and process & product control of lamps. Our new and innovative X-ray systems push the lightbulbs & lamps X-ray inspection level to the real need – to detect what is critical for process & product quality inspection.
THE VALUE OF LOW-ENERGY X-RAY TECHNOLOGY:
- reducing loss and making best use of raw materials
- better product classification and a better product price
- avoiding customer complaints
- a robust, reliable, and safe inspection technology
- hygienic design guidelines
Our systems are designed as compact as possible, and tailored to the production line, and are configured for inspection of regular lamps, or special, complex shaped lamps.
Modern lamp production requires careful control of the filaments and internal components in order to ascertain a long lifetime for the lamp. Low-quality lamps may find use in household applications, however, long lifetime is a requirement for lamps used in difficult accessible installations, or for high-performance usage. X-ray inspection at high resolution, high contrast and high speed is an obvious solution to ensure a long lifetime of the product.
The InnospeXion X-ray systems for lamp inspection enables the assessment of the electrode/filament position as well as the overall integrity within (non-)transparent lamps. The system can be either manually operated or entirely automatic, with automatic measurement of the critical tolerances, in real-time.
The systems are designed as compact as possible, and tailored to the production line, and are configured for inspection of regular lamps, or of special, complex shaped lamps. The advantage of X-rays is their ability to image beyond non-transparent coatings. With modern X-ray technology, imaging at plus 300 frames per second is feasible. Automatic on-line detection is reliable, cost-effective, and precise.
The InnospeXion Lamp Inspection System is based on a low kV mini- or microfocus X-ray source that emits radiation, which is attenuated by the lamp. The thin glass wall is relatively transparent to the low energy X-rays, whereas the electrodes/filaments are almost opaque. The X-ray image is detected by an area- or line imaging X-ray detector, acquired in a tailored PC. The PC also accomplishes the image processing and derivation of relevant measures. A PLC secures the communication to the production line control and correct rejection of faulty products.
Versatile X-ray technology
- Suitable for all non-transparent and transparent lamps, up to 200 mm in diameter
- Measurement time to less than 0.05 second
- Robust and reliable technique, with very good repeatability
- Optional automatic operation – no operator needed
- Reliable technology – measures “what is” not “what was”
- Modular design of hard- and software
- Remote monitoring as part of extended warranty
- Cost effective, long lifetime, little maintenance required
- CE marked, proven and safe technology
- “Plug-and-play” – no installations required
- Fast delivery
- Competitively priced